Sunday, December 21, 2008
Kreativ Blog Award
I've been honored with the Kreativ Blog Award by Carolyn Jean from The Thrillionth Page. Carolyn Jean is one of the most talented ladies I've had the pleasure of coming across in blog land, so getting this award from her is great. Thanks CJ!
Now on to the festivities. With this award comes a MeMe. Rules are as follows:
~Mention the blog that gave it to you.
~Comment on their blog to let them know you've posted the award.
~Share 6 values that are important to you.
~Share 6 things you do not support.
~Share the love with 6 other blogging friends.
Since everyone before me has tweaked this, I will as well. Instead of listing 6 values of importance and 6 things that I do not support, I'm going to list 6 things that mean a lot to me.
1) Family. There were times growing up when I wished that I was adopted. I hoped that my "real" parents would come and save me from my four worrisome brothers and two annoying sisters. They never came. And for all my wishing, I'm very happy they didn't.
2) Books. I know I'm a better person for having read as much as I have in my lifetime. Or at least I hope I am. :P
3) Hot chocolate. Topped with marsh mellows. Topped with whip cream. And a peppermint stick. My own little slice of bliss.
4) Trees. I love trees. Love climbing them. Love sitting in them. Love watching the leaves bob around in the wind from my bedroom window. Love the big, pretty white flowers that bloom in those leaves and wish that they weren't poisonous so that I could pick them up when they fall.
5) The feel of my grandmother's skin. When I was a kid I would gently pinch the skin on the underside of her arm. She would shoo me away, but whenever the opportunity arose I'd do it again. Something about how soft and papery her skin felt comforted me. I'm an adult now and I still do this to her and it still comforts me.
6) Equality. Equality for everyone everywhere.
And the awards go to...
Leslie's Psyche Leslie's reviews are very informative, and she reads the type of romance books that I tend to be drawn to. I've bought a few books based on Leslie's reviews and have not been disappointed. That makes her something like a book recommendation deity in my world.
Today I read I really love Ann's blog. I happened across it a few months ago and it's become one of my must reads. Ann reviews a multitude of different genres. Her reviews are just awesome, I love reading them. She could review a book about toad stool's and I'm positive I'd be glued to it. Plus Ann loves Unicorns! How could I not appreciate a girl that is in touch with her fantasy side?
Avid Book Reader Keishon is another blogger who reviews many different genres. Her weekly commentary on Graphic Novels has led me to look into a genera that I otherwise wouldn't have. Keishon and I also share a love of television shows. When I began blogging, I was happy to find, in her, another person who watched The Wire, and I found out not too long ago that she watches The Shield, too! Makes me wonder what other shows we have in common.
Romance Rookie Jill is just fantastic. She reads and posts reviews faster than anyone I know. Her reviews consist of just about every sub genera of romance there is. Jill also puts up a "Sunday Series" post every Sunday where she gives out information on the many series that she is following. This is a great tool for anyone interested in a series and wanting to know more about it. For me, it helps keep track of the ones I'm already reading and opens me up to ones I haven't tried.
Books, Books and more Books I really adore Nath. She's a mostly contemporary romance reader, but she still comes by and reads my mostly historical romance reviews. :P I'm plotting out a Contemporary Romance Challenge to begin next year and I've been using Nath's positive contemporary reviews as a starting point in my book buying. I know she won't steer me wrong.
Jace Scribbles... Jace's blog is one that I find a lot of comfort in. Since I like to visit her blog and stay a while, I always wait for her posts to build up and then I go over and glom. Aside from her blog about books, she has Jace Makes, a craft blog that shows just how extremely creative she is. Jace makes the prettiest origami bookmarks, book thongs and other truly beautiful hand made work.